I’ve now transferred the dataset from the backup to the main drive. Now I’m trying to set up an SMB share where all the snapshots are also accessible. I can access the drive from a Windows computer, but I can’t access the snapshots under “Previous Versions.” I can’t select “Enable Shadow Copies” in the options. It’s selected, but grayed out. I can’t add any options under “Advanced.” What could be causing this?
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Upgrading from FreeNAS (FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)) | 27 | 521 | April 23, 2026 | |
| Issues with FreeNAS -> TrueNAS Scale Migration | 12 | 212 | February 17, 2025 | |
| How do I COPY ALL (not backup) data from one TrueNAS system to another? | 5 | 2076 | July 4, 2024 | |
| Trying to mirror drives over network, not sure if I am having issues or just don't understand the concept | 14 | 142 | April 8, 2026 | |
| Copied files - last modified date not being shown (or isn't copied) as it should be | 7 | 421 | April 23, 2024 |





