ZFS import crashing system

Your pool appears to have corruption in it. It is practically impossible for a simple OS crash or power loss to cause ZFS pool corruption:

So for your pool to have this serious level of corruption, either a rare ZFS bug occurred, or something else that I can’t see remotely.

Where you go from here, is first look at the logs. Again, I don’t know where TrueNAS CE / SCALE keeps them. Nor do I have complete skills in reading them.

If you must take action, you can start looking at the latest ZFS TXG, (aka write Transaction Group), on each disk. It should be 100% the same for all disks in a pool. I don’t know about special vDevs, De-Dup vDevs or Log vDevs, but they should also have the same TXG number.

You can look at the ZFS TXGs using:

sudo zdb -l /dev/X9 | grep -i txg | head -1

Replace the “X” with the disk name, like sda. Then replace 9, with the partition number.

If their are a few disks with smaller TXG numbers, you could possibly roll the transactions back a bit to see if the corruption is only in the most recent writes, (aka most recent write transaction groups). But, doing so will drop the most recent writes, (including making those files or file updates disappear permanently).

Having 100TB of data you can’t back up, makes it harder to recommend a solution. If you really need the data, a data recovery service or Klennet might be your last resort.