2 x M.2 on HPE Proliant Microserver Gen 10 plus, boot-pool and app-pool

Hello together,
I try to get 2 M.2 NVMe running on my HPE Proliant Microserver Gen 10 plus.
One for the boot-pool (is already running) and one for my apps on my TrueNAS scale.
I got a GLOTRENDS PA41 with two Samsung SSD PM991a (M.2 2280, M-Key) installed on that card.
But I can’t find that entry in my BIOS-settings:

Is there someone who got two M.2s to work on a HPE Proliant Microserver Gen 10 plus?
I really don’t want to move my boot-pool to a internal or external USB thumb drive.
Hope somebody can help.

What entry were you expecting to find? It looks to me like you’d want to set that to “Bifurcate.”

I was expecting to find the Bifurcate-Setting.
But now I found a hint in the HPE-Forum, that HPE removed that setting:
Re: Microserver Gen10 Plus PCIe bifurcation support issue

So I have to move my boot-pool to a SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB.

Your card has an ASM1184e PCIe 2.0 (!) switch. So there should be no need to set bifurcation.

But the card was a poor choice.

Bifurcation is needed:

Not Support PCIe Bifurcation (So your motherboard must support PCIe Bifurcation)

I also have a Silverstone ECM22, is this card a better choise for my M.2-pool for the apps?

My boot-pool has to move to SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB.

This part of the specification is incompatible with the very presence of a ridiculously outdated PCIe switch chip. Which raises the question whether Glotrend understands what’s being sold… or just seeks to make some bucks at the customers’ expense.

If the board supports bifurcation, any form of passive adapter is better. (And if bifurcation is not available, get a PCIe 3.0 switch!)

HPE removed bifurcation from Proliant Microserver Gen 10 plus BIOS.
Do you have a switch name I can search for?
Thanks for the help.

Anything with a PEX/PLX chip, with the number and type of connectors (M.2, U.2) you want.
For instance:

or directly from China.

I own a Microserver Gen10 Plus V2 and I think it’s a fantastic server. Unfortunately, HPE introduced a major drawback in both the V1 and V2 versions: they removed the bifurcation capability, and the server has only one available PCIe slot. For my needs, it still works despite this limitation of not having additional PCIe slots.

Recently, HPE released the Microserver Gen11 with two PCIe slots available, which excited a lot of people. However, there is still a question of whether these PCIe slots will support bifurcation as well.

For more information, follow the link:
https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a50007028enw.pdf?jumpid=in_pdp-psnow-qs