An error to set share ACL: [EINVAL] sharing_smb_setacl.share_acl.0.ae_who_id: User or group does must exist and be an SMB account

Good morning,

I just installed TrueNAS Scale 24.04.1 and am working on migrating old TrueNAS Core system.
When I try to set up a share ACL on TrueNAS 24.04.1, I get the following error and cannot set up a share ACL.

エラー: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py”, line 198, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_with_audit(message[‘method’], serviceobj, methodobj, params, self)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py”, line 1466, in call_with_audit
result = await self._call(method, serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py”, line 1417, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py”, line 187, in nf
return await func(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py”, line 47, in nf
res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/smb.py”, line 1828, in setacl
verrors.check()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py”, line 70, in check
raise self
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] sharing_smb_setacl.share_acl.0.ae_who_id: User or group does must exist and be an SMB account.

The issue was reported in this bug NAS-128815, but it was closed as duplicate of NAS-128615.
I tried running the workaround described in the comments section of NAS-128615, but the error was not resolved.

In addition to the above, I tried to set up a share ACL with the sharesec command, but the share ACL did not work properly.

Is there any better way to resolve this error?

Please PM me a debug.

Hi, I fixed the issue.

The cause was inappropriate replications from old TrueNAS.
The old TrueNAS has a GELI encription, and I should have unchecked "
Include Dataset Properties" in Replication Task settings.
After unchecking “Include Dataset Properties,” the issue no longer happens.

1 Like