Attempting to install = port error

root@brnuxtcmd:/# docker run --detach -v "/hostdir:/data" -p port:80 -p ssl:443 ghcr.io/ixsystems/truecommand:v3.0.2
docker: invalid hostPort: port.

I am seeing that invalid port message. Has anyone see/resolved this issue?

Port 80 and 443 are already used by the truenas gui, my guess would be that you have to either bind the truenas gui to some other ports or use Port mapping on the container, eg. Map port 81:80 and 444:443

Edit: or are you trying to run truecommand on a different host then truenas?

This is a clean Debian install. I did try other port numbers with the same results. I feel like I am missing some dependencies or something.

Neither port nor ssl is a valid port number, and itā€™s unlikely that /hostdir is a valid host path eitherā€“all of those need to be substituted with values appropriate to your system. So if you want Truecommand listening on the standard web ports of 80/443, youā€™d use -p 80:80 -p 443:443.

1 Like

Ahh I thought the port and ssl were variables being defined. I fixed my command line but now I am getting a x509 cert error. I am googling that but anything that looked like a fix the commands and files donā€™t match my OS / docker.

Get ā€œhttps://ghcr.io/v2/ā€: tls: failed to verify certificate: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority.
See ā€˜docker run --helpā€™.

Any thoughts on that?

Well, that site is serving a valid cert issued by Sectigo, which should be trusted by your OS. Which version of Debian are you using? Because on a clean Debian 12 install, Iā€™m not seeing this issue. Do you have the ca-certificates package installed and up-to-date as recommended in the Docker docs (Debian | Docker Docs)?

1 Like

I do have the ca-certificates package installed and have updated the certs. This is a clean install of Debian 12.

I just went through the docs again and ran everything for a second time in case I missed something.

Strange, I havenā€™t seen this before. You can try pulling from docker hub instead, docker pull ixsystems/truecommand:3.0.2 instead of docker pull ghcr.io/ixsystems/truecommand:v3.0.2, notice the version tag difference and the removal of the registry name, since docker hub is usually the default.

I had a theory my company firewall was filtering the url. My network admin opened it up and it worked.

1 Like

a MITM https proxy would definitely explain what you were seeing.