DC-624e card does not work

Hi all,

I bought by mistake 2 Dawicontrol DC-624e RAID R2 cards (It should be Marvell 88SE9230 chip).
Fresh installed TrueNAS Core does not see the drives connected to these cards (well and it also writes that “no driver attached”).

pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 16 at device 1.0 on pci0
pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib1
pci1: <mass storage, RAID> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
pcib2: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 16 at device 1.1 on pci0
pci2: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
pci2: <mass storage, RAID> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
none3@pci0:1:0:0:       class=0x010400 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x1b4b device=0x624e subvendor=0xdc93 subdevice=0x624e
    vendor     = 'Marvell Technology Group Ltd.'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = RAID
none4@pci0:2:0:0:       class=0x010400 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x1b4b device=0x624e subvendor=0xdc93 subdevice=0x624e
    vendor     = 'Marvell Technology Group Ltd.'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = RAID

But MB BIOS sees all hard drives connected to the cards.
No RAID or JBOD created.

Is there a way to make it work? Mb flash some firmware or install drivers?
Or the best solution is to buy proper HBA card?
If so, can you advice to me please some particular models? I’m quite newbie with it so LSI SAS 3200 does not speak much to me.

Any help appriciated.

Do not use RAID cards. ZFS needs direct control of the drives. You risk data loss.

EDIT
Yes the “proper” way to do it is with a HBA flashed to IT mode.
For example a LSI 9300-8i

1 Like

Something like this?

Is there any other option, which is possible to buy in store (not eBay)?

And if I connect drives with miniSAS-4xSATA cable, each of the drives will be separately visible in system? Or how it works?

Why not eBay? I assume most of us bought their hardware used from eBay and similar shops :wink:

Company pays

Er… what about just the store you linked to?

If you have a backplane, you link it to the HBA with the suitable cables. Otherwise, you use (forward) breakout cables and, yes, each drive is individually addressed.

You didn’t specify your location, I assume it’s Germany.

The eBay shop also sells their products on their own website. A quick search turned up Conrad, Serverschmiede, Piospartslap, Galaxus, … as options.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry. I’m from Germany. I checked Conrad, Alternate and Galaxus and found there only RAID cards, that is why I decided to ask

But you found the other cards in the shops?

1 Like