Deleted snapshots - apps gone

For some unrelated reason, I had to move a lot of data from one dataset to another in the same pool, which filled the pool completely because of snapshots. Thus, I deleted a lot of snapshots before comming across some advice to never delete the snapshots of the ix-applications dataset - which I already did (at least for some). A few hours later, my installation is back to normal, except for the apps I installed having vanished from the UI :frowning:. They did show up briefly after the initial re-starting though, but then disappeared. I only had 4 apps installed, of which I would very much like to restore at least one (photoprism, as I had a lot of tagged faces and some albums Iā€™d rather keep). What can I do to fix this?

The ix-applications dataset still seems to contain all data, but no apps show up. I only found one similar topic, where the advice was to use truetool to mount the pvcs, so I tried using HeavyScript, but heavyscript pvc -m does not list any apps.

Like I wrote, I actually only care about my photoprism ā€œmetadataā€, which should all have been stored in its database or its config files. If I could at least restore this data, I would be very happy :slight_smile:

I turned to the TrueCharts Discord, where I received help. It turned out that the apps service wasnā€™t up and running properly, despite the WebUI saying ā€œApps Service Runningā€ next to a green checkmark. We verified that by running sudo k3s kubectl get pods -A, which returned the following:

root@TrueNAS[~]# sudo k3s kubectl get pods -A
E0430 10:28:27.566209 2832932 memcache.go:265] couldn't get current server API group list: Get "https://127.0.0.1:6443/api?timeout=32s": dial tcp 127.0.0.1:6443: i/o timeout

After that, I unset the pool (Apps ā†’ Settings ā†’ Unset Pool), waited 5 minutes for things to settle, then chose the pool again. This didnā€™t change the output of sudo k3s kubectl get pods -A, so I tried a restart - and lo and behold, the apps were back! After that, I uninstalled the old operators (Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | TrueCharts Charts) and installed cert-manager, cloudnative-pg and prometheus-operator again from TrueCharts as described in Getting Started | TrueCharts Charts. After adjusting some paths that changed because of the data move, my apps were working again.

Currently Iā€™m migrating the apps as described in Cobia to DragonFish Storage Migration | TrueCharts Charts

1 Like