freeIPA LDAP configuration in Dragonfish 24.04

Hi everyone, newbie here. I am trying to setup FreeIPA LDAP integration in TrueNAS to authenticate users for NFS shares. I can’t wrap my head around it and hit a wall.

I saw in the release notes for Dragonfish 24.04 that freeIPA support as been officially added, so I wanted to try it as I am trying to document myself on freeIPA. The server is working fine for DNS, NTP, and authenticating users in Linux, Nextcloud and pfSense (OpenVPN).

I found some tutorials and forum posts but most of them are old and configured with TureNAS core / FreeNAS.

Where can I find more info about what has been added in 24.04 to better support freeIPA ?

Thanks in advance !

1 Like

I’m also trying to setup FreeIPA LDAP integration in Dragonfish and am struggling as well. Would love to find more info on FreeIPA with TrueNAS.

FreeIPA support is in 24.04 but the front end UI is not ready yet so you won’t be able to add this yet.
Instructions for adding FreeIPA will be added to the Documentation Hub as soon as this feature is ready for users to implement!