How to instyall UrBackup through Shell on Jail?

Hi Guys

I have created Jail on TrueNAS, when I went to SHELL to install Urbackup server
i followed some instructions on the urbackup site but it did not get me anywhere. I am kind off stuck.

what I am trying to achieve is I got the client version installed on the domain controller where the source of the file that needs to be backed up and i want to install the server side on TrueNAS by creating JAIL but when ever i come to install the software I get the following output

I have have also visited the Fresh Ports to obtain a port from there for the URbackup but still the same. result

if you can assist me in getting this working please I would be grateful and it will be a big learning curve

much appreciated for your contribution.

Thank you
Yusuf

@yusuf I just installed UrBackup in a jail of my trueNAS core system including full compatibility with the ZFS system. This happened as recent as this morning.

I’m in the process of documenting how i did it for my personal records. I was thinking about posting my instructions for the benefit of the community. I anticipate it will take me 1 or 2 weeks to post them. I don’t know if you can wait that long.

FYI, the installation of UrBackup is not that straight forward because you will have to install it from source code. The reason is that there is no maintainer for the package at freshports.

Please do; I think that’d be helpful to many.

1 Like

@ragametal Thank you so much yes I will wait am going on leave for two weeks, that will be something to look for when I come back to work.

I will wait for your reply with the documentation.

Much appreciated ragametal & dan.

@ragametal can you please let me know or reply here when you post the documentation

Thank You

@yusuf sure thing. I will make sure to mention it when i send you the invoice for my services. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hahahahahah :smiley:

Install from sources >
https://www.urbackup.org/server_source_install.html
Edit:
Do : ./configure --enable-embedded-cryptopp
forCore.

To make urbackup run at jail boot :
nano /etc/rc.local

and add to the new file :

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/urbackupsrv run -d -g 104857600 -u root

To end and save :
crtl-x
y
enter

To make it executable :
chmod +x /etc/rc.local

“exit” to leave the jail
“iocage restart (jail name)” to restart the jail then check you can browse to port 55414 as before

@yusuf I just posted my instructions under the Apps and Virtualization.
How to install Urbackup in a jail with ZFS (Instructions).

They are detailed and, as a consequence, lengthy but should be easy to follow.