iSCSI configuration (issues)

I have sucessfuly installed truenas scale (latest version), had (a lot of) trouble configuring second NIC (resolved, but I strongly object the idea that NICs should not be configured via dhcp regardless of the arguments presented).

I have started testing my iSCSI setups and found out significant problem/limitation.

My work setup (data analytics) includes a lot of large reads from my (iSCSI) block device. My workstation is Windows 11. Up till now, I had opportunity to connect to my iSCSI (synology) using MCS which means that I was absolutely able to utilize both (10Ggbit) NICs to access my storage.

With current setup (although I have not finished testing different config options), I can easily saturate 10G NIC, but I need to go further and try to use

It appears that truenas does not allow for MC/S although, as I understand, truenas as underlying iSCSI target uses LIO (which supports MC/S). It does support MPIO, but Windows workstation does not support MPIO (MPIO is supported on server products).

My questions are:

• does truenas use LIO and if yes, where is location of LIO config files (my best guess is that if I manually config MC/S support it will just work)
  • alternatively, if LIO is not used, does anyone know alternative iSCSI initiator which can be used with windows?

Any help or suggestion on how to resolve this (with existing setup, iSCSI is must have) is more than welcome.

p.s. there is a number of similar topics avaliable and problem remains unsolved (documentation avaliable is old, undated and does not represent state of avaliable solution today), I guess that the setup I have is somewhat standard and a number of users have them (and it makes no sense to go with faster hardware if the problem can be solved with software anyway)

SCALE uses SCST.