Issue with Application Configuration

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue while configuring Plex on TrueNAS. In the Plex settings, I am unable to select a folder to indicate the location of my movies (see screenshot).

Step 1:
Initially, I created a Pool, and then I created two Datasets with the following names:

• Film (Movies)
  • Plex_Config

Step 2:
In the ACL settings, I assigned all rights for the two Datasets (see screenshots).

Step 3:
I enabled Windows (SMB) Shares (see screenshot).

I installed Plex, but I am now stuck at the configuration step.

The selection bar to configure ā€œPlex Data Storageā€ remains grayed out, and I am unable to click on it, with the following message inside: ā€œHost Path (Path that already exists on the system)ā€. The same issue occurs for other options such as ā€œPlex Configuration Storageā€, ā€œPlex Logs Storageā€, and ā€œPlex Transcode Storageā€.

My TrueNAS version is TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2
My Plex version is 1.40.2.8395_2.0.5.

Thank you very much for your attention. I have spent my day on this issue, but to no availā€¦

I just tried to install Home Assistant and I have exactly the same problem. I think Iā€™ll have this problem with any application.

Bluefin is unsupported; even Cobia will be out of support shortly. But if your problem relates to host path validation, upgrading to Cobia will likely resolve it.

1 Like