I don’t know if Is correct, so take this with a grain of salt… But i have struggled a bit with ACL for nextcloud data until i don’t give to everyone some read data attribute plus execute… But i have nextcloud’s datasets nested as childs of another dataset (where all apps datasets are stored);
Thanks. I need my data dataset in a different pool though. Will that work?
Also, when creating the datasets, what ACL permissions should the datasets be created with? What do you mean by “do NOT change any permissions”? Do not change them from WHAT? Are they created with permissions BY DEFAULT?
Thanks. I did just as you suggested, and I also left all the “Enable ACL” tickboxes empty. However, what I also did is I ticked the “Automatic Permissions” tickbox, and that seems to have done it. Now it looks like I need to “edit the ‘trusted_domains’ setting in config/config.php,” as I get the funny screen pictured below when attempting to access the WebUI from any computer on my LAN. How can I do that though? Where do I find this config/config.php file?
Yeah, that’s the $64,000 question, where exactly is this config/config.php file hidden, ‘cause there ain’t no config directory in TrueNAS’ root. Anyway, it looks like I found it: /mnt/nas1_app/nextcloud/html/config/config.php.
Now that I’ve edited this file, I can finally see the login screen, though I cannot login! What credentials does this thing take? I tried the admin credentials I inputted when I installed the application, but they do not work.
Alright, here’s the conclusion of my NextCloud on TrueNASA saga: attempting to change the password in NextCloud app edit mode is an exercise in futility, at least at this point in time. Neither is re-installing the app any useful … UNLESS one first cleans up ALL NextCloud files everywhere on TrueNAS prior(!) to doing a reinstall. Simple reinstall does not clear out previous installations, so all subsequent installs are doomed to fail.
As such, indeed, doing an install from scratch–that is, including all relevant storage datasets–is the easiest way to ensure a painless installation. And also make sure your admin password does not end with the dollar sign ($) or comma (,).
Well this is very frustrating. Found you post and was hoping it would clear things up. I still cant access the webUI after trying many different things
Doing the setup as as you described above, I have left the hostname blank. This resulted in the webui giving the message about Access through untrusted domains. So I edited the config.php file and added the ip address of the truenas server and the port for NextCloud (192.168.1.4:30027). No change, still get the same message.
when doing setup configuration, under certificate do you leave it as no certificate or do you select the true_nas certificate? I am currently accessing it from insde the network for testing and setup before considering any external connection. even then I will likely use scaletail as I already have it setup for secure connection the truenas server.
Did you ever figure out putting the data files in a location other that the default location in the contiainer?
Thanks for all your hardwork. I am about 40 hours in and you saved me a bunch of time with other configurations I was considering changing.