Plex Plugin will not install

HELP! I am trying to install the Plex plugin on my TrueNAS 13.0-U6.2 server. I get the following

Error: 13.2-RELEASE was not found

I’m no Linus expert so please keep that in mind (I’m a dummy)

1 Like

Are you trying to install from the plugin catalog? If so, please do not do so. The plugins are broken and no chance that will change. Also, the pkg catalog updated recently so 13.2 versions are gone. I noticed the same when checking for updates on my Nextcloud install which is in a 13.2 jail. MY Plex is in a 13.3 jail and doesn’t have any issues. There are 2 things you can do: 1) a manual install or scripted install using @dan 's script in a 13.3 jail. 2) wait for TN 13.3 to be released and install then, also manual or using the script.

Just for completeness: 13.3 jails in TN 13.0 might give some issues. It didn’t for me with Plex but i could do so for other installations in a jail.

Last but not least, TN 13.0 U6.2 is FreeBSD based, not Linux.

For your situation you would be best supported by upgrading to SCALE and using the Plex app right in the UI catalog.

1 Like

I agree however, what apps do you have on your TrueNAS? -i.e. can you expand on your current setup? What else besides a plex (or other media apps) do you have?

-e.g. My server is: 1. Plex (or media) server and Nextcoud on a home network behind a firewall. 2. Sensitive data 3. Launch codes.

1 Like

I upgraded to TrueNAS Scale and all is good!!

2 Likes

That was the ticket! THX!

:slight_smile: I’m not sure my post should be marked “the solution” I was just trying to get you to pause before blindly updating (so someone else far smarter than I can say “oh, you have that, then do this before hitting update”). But, glad you got it figured out.

…Enjoy the movie.

If you want to see the current list of apps in the TrueNAS official catalog in Dragonfish you can see it here:

Some are listed under Charts, the others are Community apps.

What did you do to upgrade?

Steps anywhere? I am roughly in the same boat.

Plex is working fine currently, but Qbittorent plugin isn’t.

I have 2 VM’s running.

What the OP did was switch to TrueNAS SCALE instead of CORE.

SCALE has Apps instead of plugins. Plugins are dead, so switching to SCALE is one of your only options.

The other option is running your own manual jails, and installing software inside them.

If you choose the latter, there are a decent amount of install script already that automate installs for software such as plex, nextcloud, vauktwarden and others. Check the resources section.

1 Like

Upgrade to Dragonfish Scale Truenas Release. Its under the pulldown in the web gui (under upgrade).

1 Like

The TN CORE solution was to just make a 13.3 jail and install Plex from pkg instead.

8yt9d7