Problem with Legacy GPU

I have just upgraded to 24.04.1.1 and I have a:
MSI Geforce 210 1024 MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card MD1G/D3 GPU

Upon boot I get the message:
The NVIDIA Geforce 210 GPU installed in this system is supported through the NVIDIA 340.xx Legacy drivers. Please visit Unix Drivers | NVIDIA for more information. The 545.23.08 NVIDIA driver will ignore the GPU. Continuing to probe…
No NVIDIA GPU found.

I’m still a novice at Linux so I’d appreciate some help here.
Load legacy drives? How?
Give up on that GPU and Get another one?

Thanks,

James

I meant drivers, not drives

You cant load legacy Drives in truenas and installing additional packages is not supported.

So basically that GPU is not supported at all and there is no way for it to be supported in Dragonfish-24.04.1.1?

Short answer; yes.

Long answer; yes, but not supported doesn’t mean you couldn’t force it yourself (at your own risk).

It won’t be supported, you might break things, you might ruin the stability, risk data loss, etc, etc.

That being said, if you had to ask, it may be a good idea to think twice before proceeding.

But if you know what you’re doing & how to solve your own problems (or enough to not cause your own problems): Developer Mode (Unsupported) | TrueNAS Documentation Hub Afterwards apt install whatever driver(s) you feel like yourself. Or do anything else you feel like - understand that no one will officially support you in this.

1 Like

Now that’s a thumbs up answer! Thanks!

1 Like