Qbittorrent w/ Dockage & Jails: files not saving to expected directory (or not showing up on smb share)

I have installed jailmaker and dockage following @stux’s video (thanks!), complete with what I think are the proper bind commands to map docker folders to some NAS datasets:

--bind='/mnt/pool1/docker/data:/mnt/data'
 --bind='/mnt/pool1/docker/stacks:/opt/stacks'
 --bind='/mnt/pool1/temp:/home/downloads'

I then used the following docker compose script to pull down qbittorrent in Dockage:

services:
  qbittorrent:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest
    container_name: qbittorrent
    environment:
      - PUID=3000
      - PGID=3000
      - TZ=Etc/UTC
      - WEBUI_PORT=8080
      - TORRENTING_PORT=6881
    volumes:
      - ./config:/config
      - /mnt/pool1/temp:/downloads
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
      - 6881:6881
      - 6881:6881/udp
    restart: unless-stopped
networks: {}

Qbittorrent runs fine but the torrent files do not download in the places i’d expect.

Snooping around in the docker shell, they are getting saved to /mnt/pool1/temp in the docker container, but are not showing up in the corresponding temp folder on the NAS.

I thought this was a permissions issue – maybe the data is there, but my SMB account doesn’t have permissions to see it – but I can create a dataset in the docker’s (jail’s?) /home/downloads folder, and that shows up on my bound SMB share for a separate user just fine.

In summary

• I’ve bound the docker downloads folder to my NAS temp data set
  • I download files whcih should be going to /downloads, but appear to be getting saved to a docker filepath of /mnt/pool1/temp, instead

Note: I do realize I’ve set folder mapping commands in both the qbittorrent docker compose file and in the jlmkr edit docker config file. I wonder if that could be a complicating factor.

fingers crossed this is a simple config tweak. Thanks!

1 Like

The jailmaker bind is /from/your/pool:/into/your/jail

The docker compose bind is /from/your/jail:/into/your/stack

Ergo

The docker compose, volumes should be

- /home/downloads:/downloads

1 Like

This absolutely did it, thank you!!!

1 Like