Smartwatch and TrueNAS data

Hello all,

I am a novice user of TrueNAS Core. This may not be the most proper place to ask this question however, I would appreciate any and all help.

I have my TrueNAS box with mp3 music in it.
I have a smartwatch (Garmin Fenix 7x), an android phone, and a windows 11 desktop.

What is the best way to stream music from the TrueNAS server I got going here through my smartwatch at home and ideally if possible outside my home.

So far the “best” way to do this seems to be nextcloud? But, again novice user here.

Generally speaking, the best way to access your media remotely would be to use a media server, like Plex, Emby, or Jellyfin. With Plex specifically, I know there are apps for macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android, but I don’t know about smart watches.

Does the smartwatch’s OS “app store” have a “File Explorer” (or something similar) available?

It might also be possible to just browse your server’s SMB shares with a simple file browser on the watch.

This is what I do with my Android and iOS devices to play music from my TrueNAS server. Such “file browser” apps usually have built-in music and video players. If it works for smartphones, I would assume such apps are available for smartwatches.

There is this:

https://apps.garmin.com/apps/600bd75f-6ccf-4ca5-bc7a-0a4fcfdcf794

Again, bit outside of my tech knowledge here. I was halfway hoping to see if anyone on TrueNAS forums also has a garmin watch and managed to set this stuff up too.