SSH auxiliary parameters formatting

Hi, I’m trying to increase the number of allowed simultaneous SSH connections. I found this page that tells me to set the ClientMaxStartup value in the auxiliary parameters. However any change I make to these parameters results in an “SSH service failed to start” error. I’ve tried a number of different formatting possibilities, nothing works. Can someone help me with how I’m supposed to format the settings? Thanks!

The “aux parameters” I’ve used have been in the same format as in the sshd.conf file:

# Path to the CA public key for verifying user certificates
TrustedUserCAKeys /mnt/tank/ssh_certs/ssh_user_key.pub
# Path to this host's private key and certificate
HostKey /mnt/tank/ssh_certs/ssh_host_ecdsa_key2
HostCertificate /mnt/tank/ssh_certs/ssh_host_ecdsa_key2-cert.pub

Thanks dan. I tried that, but it doesn’t work. Here’s my full aux list for reference:

Ciphers chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com
ClientMaxStartup 10

Adding that second line breaks things.

Ok, I think I figured it out. The problem is “ClientMaxStartup” is not a valid parameter. Perhaps there’s a mistake on the page I linked. I found another page that references the “MaxStartups” parameter, and when I add it I no longer get SSH errors on startup.

Thanks dan for confirming my formatting was right, it helped me narrow in on the problem.