Truechart Nextcoud Installation Error

Hello everyone!

My TrueNAS Nexcloud app has been stuck at “Deploying” for the last few weeks and every troubleshooting failed so far. So, I decided to try the Truechart Nextcloud app.

However, I am getting an error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py”, line 427, in run
await self.future
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py”, line 465, in __run_body
rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service/crud_service.py”, line 197, in nf
rv = await func(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py”, line 44, in nf
res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py”, line 177, in nf
return await func(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py”, line 487, in do_create
await self.middleware.call(
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py”, line 1399, in call
return await self._call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py”, line 1353, in _call
return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py”, line 1251, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/helm.py”, line 49, in helm_action
raise CallError(f’Failed to {tn_action} App: {errmsg}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to install App: Ingress - Expected non-empty [hosts]

can somebody help me to solve it?

I am far from a expert as i’ve only been running nextcloud on SCALE for about 2 weeks now.

If this is a new install of nextcloud i mostly followed the Documentation (it has been updated recently according to a reply on another topic) but what i had to change from the the Documentation is:

nexcloud appdata, etc - left on default ixVolume
nextcloud user data storage - pointed to a host path
postgres data storage - left on default ixVolume
postgress backup - pointed to a host path

the Documentations says point all these to host paths created but it did not work that way for me.

From other Thread nextcloud can take more than a while to deploy (10-15min + is possible, if you select the Pre V2 option it could take even longer) depending on your PC Specs and storage options selected.

Also there is a caching issue on TrueNAS where browsers don’t always reload the Deploying to Running. You can follow the steps provided by another user to force a correct reload.

Hope this Helps.

The truecharts Version requires Ingress, so Access via Domain and traefik as Reverse Proxy. So you cant use the truecharts Version If you dont own a Domain.

This points to the error, which as Lars said is that you haven’t configured Ingress properly. He’s not correct, though, that you need to own an Internet domain to use it; you could just as well use a local-only domain (e.g., mylan.home) and set up your router or local DNS (e.g., PiHole) to resolve names there. In that case, Traefik will present a self-signed cert.

The TrueCharts “Getting Started” guide covers installing and configuring all the necessary apps to take care of this:
https://truecharts.org/scale/

Make sure to set the TrueNAS UI to use different ports than 80/443 before installing Traefik.

Note that while many of us here use TrueCharts and may be able to help with them, their support channel is through their own website and Discord server.

I followed this tutorial and it solved my problems. Thanks, everyone!