trueNAS CORE 13.3-p2

Dear Community,
i’ve tested the upgrade form an existing and running FreeBSD Jail 13.2 to 13.3p2 - Jail is broken after upgrade to 13.3 what products are affected in my case ?

• UniFi App-Controller 8.x (latest version)
  • Graylog 6.0.1

If i upgrade the Jail frm 13.2 to 13.3 the Jail / service is no longer availible / usable :woozy_face:

Any idea, when this side efect will be fixed ? any plan from iXSystems ?

Regards
Hannes

You shouldn’t upgrade your jails to 13.3 when your TrueNAS host is on 13.2

FreeBSD introduced something that breaks certain rc scripts in 13.3

Tl;DR don’t use 13.3 for your jails until CORE 13.3 is released.

2 Likes

The next TrueNAS CORE release will be based on FreeBSD 13.3 and thus resolve this problem.

1 Like

If you’re feeling adventurous, you can go ahead and try out the 13.3-BETA

Thx to all for the quick response. What ne made a bit confused is, the update option in te GUI and trough SSH make the update without any warning. And if i enter the fetch command to see the availible versions - Version 14.0 is allready shown, but this show the incompatibility of TrueNAS Core Host and Jail.

Thx again
Hannes

I have one 13.3-RELEASE jail running which has no issues. It was the first jail i created myself after saying goodbye to the plugins and i didn’t know any better so i took the latest release. I guess it all depends what you install inside.

That is correct. Some things work, and some don’t. But if the host is on 13.3 then all should work.

You can’t have a higher version jail than the host. So a 14.x jail can’t run on a 13.x host.