I have a 4x striped mirror (8x 7200rpm HDDs) setup. Tnas Core has a reserved 10G port for iSCSI (a different subnet). My (Windows 11) PC also has a reserved 10G port for iSCSI. Using a file backed iSCSI volume, I copy a single large file (~1TB) from the iSCSI volume mounted on my PC to a local NVMe SSD with a speed between 100-200 MB/s (what I see on file explorer). I can easily reach 600MB/s using an SMB share, so it is not directly related to the storage layout or the network. What would be the problem here ? What should I check ?
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| TrueNAS SCALE Performance Concern – SSD Mirrors + NFS + Proxmox (20Gbps Bonded) | 3 | 223 | July 8, 2025 | |
| TrueNAS - PROXMOX - iSCSI : Read connection lost | 1 | 648 | August 6, 2024 | |
| Transfer speeds bottlenecked | 6 | 348 | October 25, 2024 | |
| Slow write speeds | 1 | 120 | August 11, 2024 | |
| Performance issues with new SCALE 25.10.0 system [slow], compared to CORE 13.0-u6.2 [fast] | 2 | 245 | November 19, 2025 |