Upgrade Truenas Scale from 23.10.1.3 to 23.10.2 Crashes my SAS controller on Initilize

Just wanted to warn ppl,
I have a

06:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2308 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 (rev 05)
	Subsystem: Broadcom / LSI 9207-8e SAS2.1 HBA
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 46, NUMA node 0, IOMMU group 20
	I/O ports at 6000 [size=256]
	Memory at dee40000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Memory at dee00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
	Expansion ROM at ded00000 [disabled] [size=1M]
	Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
	Capabilities: [68] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
	Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data
	Capabilities: [a8] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
	Capabilities: [c0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=16 Masked-
	Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
	Capabilities: [1e0] Secondary PCI Express
	Capabilities: [1c0] Power Budgeting <?>
	Capabilities: [190] Dynamic Power Allocation <?>
	Capabilities: [148] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
	Kernel driver in use: mpt3sas
	Kernel modules: mpt3sas

After I upgraded and it boots , it finds my storage Box ( Netapp) and find all disks , after Console is done i.e. itr bring you the options for shell.

it then forces a Enclosure boot and all disks are ripped out, and after that all kinds of error are reported in disks , after I rebooted again to other version 23.10.1.3 all error are removed.

Thanks for warning… I looked through 23.10.2, but couldn’t see a smoking gun in the set of fixes.

If you or someone else could recreate by updating again, then please report a bug or try again when dragonfish comes out.

I would but since this causes zfs break, on 3 of my pools I am very reluctant and trying this again, my thoughts are kernel related, quick google points in that direction.

Question: Are you booting from the SAS controller?

Nope booting from USB.

That’s good, one less variable to worry about. Might be worth scrubbing the boot pool just to check that it wasn’t data corruption during/after the update rather than a real bug.

I did that no difference :frowning:

I upgraded again , but now to dragon fish 24.04

Same results as other
Here is boot log.

https://haffi.is/truenas-dragon-sas-bug.txt

I fixed this issue.

I Got an extra Netapp Enclosure box, and Hooked that one up to the secondary port of the controller.

So now I have two enclosures with a single connection down to each box.

So the problem was that I had the other enclore connected to both port A and B on the controller to one encloser , I tested this again, and that is what causes the crash , but only on Dragonfish.
Have had this setup running Truenas Scale and Core, But I guess I was doing the connection wrong way ?.