24.10-RC1 - Delay to 10/2

I had that in the beta, apps still worked so was waiting until RC. Update killed it

Should probably get some docs up about using the Custom App. Can’t seem to get it working using a simple compose file found here.

icecast:
  image: moul/icecast
  volumes:
  - logs:/var/log/icecast2
  - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
  environment:
  - ICECAST_SOURCE_PASSWORD=aaa
  - ICECAST_ADMIN_PASSWORD=bbb
  - ICECAST_PASSWORD=ccc
  - ICECAST_RELAY_PASSWORD=ddd
  - ICECAST_HOSTNAME=noise.example.com
  ports:
  - 8000:8000

Anyone that is testing the RC know if the nvidia driver install utility is in the GUI?

Yeah, I was worried it was something I did when I ran commands in dev mode to get NVIDIA drivers working. But I reinstalled RC1 from fresh, uploaded my profile, and the apps service still won’t start.

I’ll probably flash the BETA back onto my system since it works for the time being.

1 Like

it should be docker-compose.yml syntax.
How about adding these two lines at the beginning.

version: "3.8"
services:
  icecast:
  etc.

I just posted that as the full file. I did change it. I’ll do some more digging.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I know this is still an RC and features will still be added, will there be any way to get additional catalogs loaded in? I can see a few apps that I would like to use that as is I would have to load in custom apps, which is fine, just wanted to see if it was going to be possible later.

Sorry if it’s an odd question, this is my first time actually trying TrueNAS. So far everything seems good otherwise!

Docs for Custom App are in progress and should be available within the next week.

Looking at that YAML my first thought would be to try what @lakeforest suggested for the syntax, but you’re saying that still didn’t work?

It is, see:

I believe the checkbox only displays for systems with an NVIDIA GPU installed and no driver found.

Looks like a web error because I’m getting this issue with NVIDIA drivers on a fresh install of RC1, in addition to Apps service stuck at pending.

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='nvidia.github.io', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /libnvidia-container/gpgkey (Caused by NewConnectionError(': Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution'))

Looking pretty good so far. Coming from Dragon to EE.
Love the Block I/O column. Apps startup really fast.
My [ ddns-updater ] apps seem to be messed up though, they are stuck at ’ deploying’. I tried stopping it to no avail. I deleted one and will recreate, but wow, we got docker!

Update finished. 2 - 2.5 Watts less power consumption. From 12-13 Watts it was before to 10 Watts (i3 6100, 1 SSD, 2 HDs spinned down, Fujitsu mobo, Pico PSU)! Cpu average usage now goes down to 0-1%. This is super!!! :grinning:

I had to reinstall Transmission and Adguard Home. The 1st one works fine, the 2nd is only listening to 127.0.0.1. Any ideas?
Edit. Adguard is ok too.

1 Like

How are you installing the drivers?

I had the same issue and reverted back to BETA 1 for the time being. I do have portainer installed with 3 containers installed via portainer and not truenas. I was wondering if that was the issue.

Looks like a DNS issue based on the error message, which potentially could be preventing apps from starting if docker can’t pull images

Got it working. Great stuff.

But how do I access it to edit it after it is launched? Getting an error when clicking edit.

Oh, the plot thickens. Is it a problem with my bridge network?

NFO[2024-10-02T13:32:47.583587666-07:00] Starting up                                  
INFO[2024-10-02T13:32:47.645430842-07:00] [graphdriver] trying configured driver: overlay2 
INFO[2024-10-02T13:32:48.460185548-07:00] Loading containers: start.                   
WARN[2024-10-02T13:32:48.552219268-07:00] failed to find iptables                       error="exec: \"iptables\": executable file not found in $PATH"
INFO[2024-10-02T13:32:48.553599290-07:00] stopping event stream following graceful shutdown  error="<nil>" module=libcontainerd namespace=moby
failed to start daemon: Error initializing network controller: error obtaining controller instance: failed to register "bridge" driver: failed to create NAT chain DOCKER: iptables not found
INFO[2024-10-02T13:32:48.554063185-07:00] stopping event stream following graceful shutdown  error="context canceled" module=libcontainerd namespace=plugins.moby

EDIT: IT SURE WAS! Bing bang boom. That solved the NVIDIA problem, but not the Docker problem.

Interesting. Did you happen to change root default shell or maybe changed .zshrc?

No this is a fresh install of RC1. It looks like the NVIDIA updater is working, as running sudo nvidia-smi now shows my card. The error for the Apps Service not loading isn’t verbose at all.

Have you figured anything out with the docker issue? I am having the same problem. Apps service will not start. I have tried reverting back to Beta and it still wont work.

Same. Doing a fresh install was not the move because I lost the boot pool with the instance of the BETA that worked fine. Doing a fresh install of the beta gives me the same issues as RC1.