Memes! TrueNAS, ZFS, and related | (Share your own!)

3 Likes

They wouldn’t be hot takes if they didn’t boil someone’s blood, now would they? Saying “II doesn’t work” or “VIII is infuriating” would hardly make for good hot takes.

2 Likes

Someone have to say that

8pj2hg

1 Like

ix

12 Likes

Look, say what you want about me, but Papa-Palpatine is a total professional and all around class act :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sed quis moderabit ipsos moderatores?

2 Likes

Sed quis moderabitUR ipsos moderatores?

(moderari is a deponens!)

3 Likes

Write caching in zfs is real. For about 5 seconds at least.
Never understood why it was designed like this tbh.

3 Likes

Because ZFS is designed first and foremost for DATA SAFETY AND INTEGRITY; performance is only a secondary consideration.
So there is a hard cap on the amount of data which could be lost “in transit” in the worst possible case. Squeezing every bit of performance for a single user at the expense of other applications and/or at the expense of safety is NOT a design goal.

I get that. But then one could just go with a redundant SLOG. Same with your general vdevs and metadata vdevs. Just saying it would be nice to have the option.

9 Likes

9 Likes

Why, @kris, why? Why did you do this to us? You’ve turned TrueNAS user against TrueNAS user. The Core vs SCALE War is tense enough, but now we have to fight in a forum clout battle? :crossed_swords:

@Stux: Please stop making good posts. This is tearing me apart on the inside. :fearful:

6 Likes

Nice “likebait”.

(Dear readers, do not fall for @winnilinnie’s trick: Like my post instead. :laughing: )

7 Likes

Senza titolo

6 Likes

8q5vaj

6 Likes

4 Likes

When in doubt, CTRL+F5.

6 Likes

x-posting …

8q4mvd

3 Likes

Who says liking posts affects the absolute difference in points between you and that user? I’ll let you in on a secret - it doesn’t. Your desire to climb to the top of the food chain has blinded you, withholding likes does not bring you closer to your goal.

I could give you half a dozen speeches about dark side this, first injustice that, doing the right thing, yadda yadda… But I’m tired, so just pick your favorite and run with it…

But remember to like that which is worthy.

5 Likes