Memes! TrueNAS, ZFS, and related | (Share your own!)

Please post dank memes directly to the forum, so that they are not lost by external image hosts. Please be mindful of the file size limit.

Thanks.

2 Likes

i wanted to but i did not know thereā€™s a limit of 4mb for the Picture/Gif to be directly shown.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s something we need to look into, then. Iā€™ll get back to you.

2 Likes

4 MB? To quote aā€¦ meme, ā€œ640k should be enough for everyoneā€!

4 Likes

If I remember correctlyā€¦ Was it was Bill Gates, in 1976, saying weā€™d never need more than 640k ram?

1 Like

did-you-try-rebooting-it

better-than-a-coin-flip

3 Likes

2 Likes

Itā€™s quite moving ā€¦

Iā€™m teasing! All in good fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Quick editorial note: The consensus is to stick to a relatively conservative file size limit for media, as some people still report trouble with long page loads.

Please avoid GIFs in favor of more modern animated solutions and keep static images to a medium resolution.

3 Likes

dedup-vs-fast-dedup

DON'T CLICK ME

simplicity-for-the-win

Click to see dial-up friendly version approved by @ericloewe

:point_down: Dedup
:turtle:

:point_down: Fast Dedup
:rabbit2:

:point_down: No Dedup
:racing_car:

4 Likes

I say the words ā€œmore modernā€ and this guy shows up with early-2000s clip art to make any fourth grader proud of their first PowerPoint presentation.

6 Likes

Well, you said ā€œmore modern animated solutionsā€ and these are still imagesā€¦

3 Likes

Sure, but can we have a day without playing the ā€œdo an end-run around what the mod said while strictly complyingā€ game? Surely somewhere in Unicode there are emojis for ā€œturtleā€, ā€œhareā€ and ā€œchild of a Dodge Viper and an Audi TTā€.

2 Likes

Surely you canā€™t be serious.

2 Likes

@ericloeweā€™s ideal utopia:

ā€œHey everyone! Check out this meme I made! Hope this doesnā€™t bog down your 56K dial-up connection!ā€

:point_down: Dedup
:turtle:

:point_down: Fast Dedup
:rabbit2:

:point_down: No Dedup
:racing_car:

7 Likes

One liner for small phone screens:
Sync writes :turtle: Sync with SLOG :rabbit2: sync=disabled :rocket:

4 Likes

Upon checking, the rightmost structure belongs to a different worldā€¦

1 Like

You think Iā€™m full of tech hot takes? That I can be somewhat hyperbolic and aggressive? You havenā€™t seen my Final Fantasy hot takes (#1 and 2 are VI and XII, either order is fine; Tidus should have stayed dead, his head being blown up by a blitzball-shaped bomb is no consolation; VII is overrated nonsense driven by hype; XIII could have been salvaged if it werenā€™t for the insane Fabula Nova Cristalis nonsense; no game has been localized better than XII) and Iā€™ll fight over them mercilessly.