The updated procedure is being published now, but basically I believe you should be good to follow the original steps and commands, just use the *.block volume instead of the custom/default_*.
I can confirm this process worked with the updated documentation for VMs/Containers created on 25.04 that are .block files.
I used zfs send | zfs recv to migrate my ZVOL as I had other data on this pool that was functioning as iSCSI targets and I didnāt want to risk any possible issues with that data by taking a snapshot on the entire pool. Once the ZVOl was copied, I was able to create a new VM and select the copied ZVOL for use. The VM booted and everything is functioning as expected.
Can we please normalize TrueNAS only shipping features if there are clear migration paths for all existing features? Especially critical ones like VMs?
This is getting ridiculousā¦