Nextcloud Update Breaks Everything?

Hi all - my Nextcloud app said it needed an update, so I did. It went up to from 1.6.x 2.0.8. no config changes. Everything broke badly. Now I’ve removed the app, attempted to go down to the previous version, and still can’t get it to work. The data and Postgres are still on my server and seem to be fine, but what on earth did this update do to break everything and how do I fix it?

I keep getting errors telling me to restart apache in the pod, so I do - nothing works. At all.

This is on TrueNAS SCALE, with iX community charts, not truecharts.

Install nextcloud in your own VM, or set up a jailmaker jail, install docker & dockge, and run the following in dockge:

version: "3"
services:
  db:
    image: mariadb:10.6
    command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --log-bin=binlog --binlog-format=ROW
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - ./db:/var/lib/mysql:Z
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=mypasswordhere
      - MARIADB_AUTO_UPGRADE=1
      - MARIADB_DISABLE_UPGRADE_BACKUP=1
    env_file:
      - db.env
  redis:
    image: redis:alpine
  app:
    image: nextcloud:apache
    ports:
      - docker-IPaddress:8080:80
    volumes:
      - ./nextcloud:/var/www/html:z
      - ./config.php:/nextcloud/config/config.php
    environment:
      - MYSQL_HOST=db
      - REDIS_HOST=redis
    env_file:
      - db.env
    depends_on:
      - db
      - redis
  cron:
    image: nextcloud:apache
    volumes:
      - ./nextcloud:/var/www/html:z
    entrypoint: /cron.sh
    depends_on:
      - db
      - redis
volumes:
  db: null
  nextcloud: null
networks: {}

With the removal of the apps system, you may as well consider your alternatives (including waiting for iX’s migration pathway, to be announced soon).

Edit: sorry, I appreciate this is not a direct or specific answer to your immediate question / issue.

So I have another server, Cosmos Cloud, that I can run Nextcloud on - but it seems to want to do MySQL. Is there a way to use the existing data and users on TrueNAS (and have it point to TrueNAS for all data storage)?