Plex App Mount Host Additional Storage

I know I can do an SMB share here and it would work, but since the Plex App runs on the NAS I was curious what I am doing wrong here that it cant import the library as a additional storage host path.

I have a Plex App in TrueNAS SCALE. Under Additional Storage it looks like this:

I am also have /mnt/pool0/media mapped on my Windows PC and I can create and read the files in the media share, so the permissions seem fine?

However, when I go and add media folders in Plex I dont see any of the sub folders (as shown below).

1 Like

Same question, Some help would be great.

There was some discussion of a similar issue a few months ago, but afaik the user did not submit a ticket with a debug so we weren’t able to investigate the cause. @Dowd, could you use the Report a Bug link above to submit a ticket? After you submit you’ll get a link to a private upload to attach a debug file from the system.

I’m having the same issue, similar to OP referenced Additional Storage as a ‘Host Path’ and when running Plex no subfolders or media appears. This is with both the ‘Plex Pass’ image (tried twice) and the ‘Plex Official’ image. Will try to submit a ticket.

Some Related Discussions:

(mentioned removing plex and installing it again helped, but was an ixVolume setup)