How long have you owned this particular PSU? What model is it?
Its this one: CoolerMaster ELITE NEX White W500
I got it back in August when I upgraded the hardware. Before then it was running flawlessly in an old Mac Pro tower (until it wasn’t).
Reading this thread again, the parallel 2.2 million checksum errors on (two different disks) makes it look like a cabling issue as well.
I agree, and it may have been. I had re-seated all connections a couple times in troubleshooting, but maybe by then the damage was done? I suppose the best case scenario is that it was bad cable connections and there’s nothing to fear going forward (having made darn sure they’re secure now). Ideally I’d like to find a way to confirm some scenario with a reasonable amount of certainty though, so that’s what I’m trying to do now.
the drive repeatedly:
disappeared from the SATA bus
reappeared
disappeared again
reappeared
I never gave up, it was doing my head in,
what fixed it for me was shielded sata cables, after installing
had non of these errors:-
detached
Periph destroyed
CAM status
RESET
lost device
detached
SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE
ATA status: 51 (DRDY SERV ERR)
error: 04 (ABRT)
Retries exhausted
The resilver worked flawlessly
I had those same errors you are seeing
The error message you included in the previous post does not look the same as the OPs though.
They are just some errors there’s more, there were too many logs spat out, this issue raised it’s ugly
head when i had to replace a drive and resilver of course involved, all I’m saying 0.5 shielded sata cables fixed the problem I’m actually doing resilver on my original drive and it has not given me any errors, works perfectly, the issue is caused by interference