Suggestion: Better sVDEV Planning, Oversight Tools in GUI

Cool.I wanted to demonstrate that for pools which already have a sVDEV it’s fairly trivial to figure out how much is being used for planning reasons. In your case, it’s 25.8G

Reporting this somewhere in the UI is a feature request I’d happily vote for if you want to make it.

special                                             -      -      -        -     -      -      -      -  -
  mirror-2                                      1.45T  25.8G  1.43T        -     -    14%  1.73%      -    ONLINE
    da6p1                                       1.46T      -      -        -     -      -      -      -    ONLINE
    gptid/65cf991f-90d0-11eb-acc9-ac1f6b738b00  1.46T      -      -        -     -      -      -      -    ONLINE
    gptid/6602f626-90d0-11eb-acc9-ac1f6b738b00  1.46T      -      -        -     -      -      -      -    ONLINE
2 Likes

I’ll amend more this weekend and look into your script also. In the meantime, I have a deadline I have to meet. Thank you for your help.

Dumb question - when writing to a single-VDEV rust, what are your transfer speeds like these days? Over 10GbE I recently transferred some large files to 1M recordsize dataset and was amazed at 400MB/s transfer speeds. Is that common now or is the sVDEV impacting this?

I max my 1Gbps copper :stuck_out_tongue:

I get about 5Gb read and writes on this pool (config seen above)

Ex

Fascinating. I’m only running a single VDEV, so I would have expected your system to be performing closer to 10GbE. Perhaps the NAS was busy with other stuff?

More likely a single threaded and single client limitation, in parallel with many is when we’d see the difference.

1 Like