TrueNAS SCALE 24.10-BETA.1 is Now Available!

If you setup custom docker apps through the UI wizard in Dragonfish, those will migrate over to EE.

2 Likes

That’s what I did for:

• OnlyOffice
  • Uptime Kuma
  • PeaNUT

Great, I’ll give it a spin.

That migration is in the RC1 and later, I should have specified. Give that a shot after Tuesdays release, otherwise you’ll need to pull a nightly.

Yep, no apps :slight_smile:

Reverted to Dragonfish.

Also available on BSD these days…

1 Like

Did you try the nightlies or the beta?

BETA1. I’ll wait for RC1.

Yes, you have been doing a heck of a lot of work with that repo of yours. I just cloned it yesterday. And used the MineOS script to reinstall after upgrading all of my jails to 13.4.

Thanks!

Nightlies, dockerfile_inline allowed me to get rid of all my docker images I used to build too.

2 Likes

I’m assuming these are relatively simple images if you’re doing it via dockerfile_inline? You can also use a stored dockerfile and

context: ./path/to/dir
  dockerfile: DockerfileName

if needed or if that makes managing files easier.

1 Like

Nope, some are very long. I didn’t want to host my own images anymore so easier to just embed them.

Generally, dockerfiles were stored in the same dir as compose files, your path with leading . would be relative to the compose dir. The compose dir is some odd path within .ix-apps. It appears I can use an absolute path but those come with a warning from docker.

True. My understanding is that an absolute path should work, but I haven’t played with that much. What warning were you seeing from docker?

Don’t recall, but the official doc says “Compose warns you about the absolute path used to define the build context as those prevent the Compose file from being portable.”. So, it’s something they don’t like but allow for now. Would likely be best to put in the compose directory but not sure that never changes!

ah well as long as you’re deploying the app locally and not worried about the Compose file being portable (without updating the absolute path at least) that warning seems safe to ignore.

1 Like

I mean the warning is valid, the compose won’t work without the file located at the absolute path.

But in this case, that’d be preferred surely to
Embedding it :slight_smile:

Still. Your choice.

I prefer the embedded, all in one file given how Eel is implemented at present. However, if Scale had a way to store compose, dockerfile, env, and, stuff to be copied into the image in one directory like basically everyone does, then I would change.

I do run them on multiple machines (only 1 is Scale). One for testing.

Well, you could use the Dockge app ;), which allows you to specify a “Stacks” dataset :wink:

Nah, just trying to use plain Eel.

Sounds like there’s a potential Feature Request there to expand the UI options in 25.04 :wink:

Agree, just waiting on Eel to come out first to see the final product.