TrueNAS SCALE 24.10-BETA.1 is Now Available!

I’m loving the beta, but how do i create a snapshot task of the new hidden .ix-apps dataset, since it’s not shown in GUI ?

would there be a reason why a Chelsio T580-LP-CR would not be seen on a fresh install?

Should work… can you test with Dragonfish and latest nightly.

@Captain_Morgan I can’t figure out how to find the latest nightly from update.sys.truenas.net | Storj

Is there a way to have the page sort the latest?

I’ll give dragon fish a try

The page isn’t sorting as expected. You are looking for 20240921

This link might work:

@Captain_Morgan the nightly didn’t work. I found this error:

cxgb4 0000:83:00.4: Direct firmware load for cxgb4/t5-config.txt failed with error -2

@Captain_Morgan I found this error as well.

cxgb4 0000:83:00.4: Successfully configured using Firmware Configuration File “On FLASH”, version 0x1, computed checksum 0x30b6a157
Sep 22 08:49:04 kspsan02 kernel: cxgb4: probe of 0000:83:00.4 failed with error -22

Did the BETA work for you?

I’d suggest starting a new thread with full hardware… or waiting for RC.1 (about a week).

@Captain_Morgan doesn’t matter which version I try it doesnt like that card

If it worked on CORE or Dragonfish, please report a bug with details of the card.

so 24.10.RC1 is not going to release today?

just 3 posts above yours…

It should be released next week if everything goes to plan.

2 Likes

It only works on core

Please report the bug… and share the NAS ticket.
The hardware clearly works
We want easy sidegrades from core to scale.

I have completed all my testing on my 24 or so apps. I rewrote them all in compose and changed a bunch of stuff in the process, but everything really works great other than a few reported bugs. The bugs are annoyances, not a full stop. I’ve tried many but not all of the screens, looks pretty good to me. Looking forward to a more robust apps screen, with editing and ability to not start up certain apps like the old Scale versions had. Bridge interface actually worked first try. Added users, etc. About the only thing I didn’t do was create a vm, in my Eel vm. SMB was fast.

1 Like

Great to hear its working for a complex setup like this.
Did you do this work with BETA or the Nightlies?
I assume the latter…

I believe this issue was fixed with NAS-131280

One thing I am not quite sure I understand from the announcement:

In the process of moving away from TrueCharts I now run mostly custom apps in Dragonfish. Are the supposed to be supported in EE? Right now? In the final release? Will they be migrated automatically?

There’s a few posts on this topic that may help you: