Unable set set OVERWRITEHOST variable for Nextcloud/Cloudflare reverse proxy

Dragonfish-24.04.1.1

Trying to finish up the instructions for setting up cloudflare tunnel and nextcloud.

Getting this error when I add OVERWRITEHOST, but not with OVERWRITECLIURL.

How do I get past this?

[EFAULT] Failed to update App: WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml Error: UPGRADE FAILED: execution error at (nextcloud/templates/common.yaml:38:4): Container - Environment Variable [OVERWRITEHOST] in [envList] tried to override the Environment Variable that is already defined in [Secret - nextcloud-creds]

More:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 469, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 511, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*args)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service/crud_service.py", line 210, in nf
    rv = await func(*args, **kwargs)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 47, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 187, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 568, in do_update
    await self.middleware.call('chart.release.helm_action', chart_release, chart_path, config, 'update')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1564, in call
    return await self._call(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1428, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1321, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/helm.py", line 49, in helm_action
    raise CallError(f'Failed to {tn_action} App: {errmsg}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to update App: WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml
Error: UPGRADE FAILED: execution error at (nextcloud/templates/common.yaml:38:4): Container - Environment Variable [OVERWRITEHOST] in [envList] tried to override the Environment Variable that is already defined in [Secret - nextcloud-creds]

Are you using Truecharts or community apps?

Community.

Have you set the domain variable? If so, try to unset it and try it again. I believe it’s called “Server Name”

3 Likes

Yes, it was “Host” and that fixed it, thank you!

I submitted PR for documentation update about clearing the Host field.

1 Like

May I know where to find this Server option to reset it?

I couldn’t find it in the edit page (of Nextcloud)

Thanks

Are you using the Truecharts version? If so, then it will not be there.

In the Truenas community charts it should be one of the first options.

Ah…! Now I understand…the Host with default IP value…just emptied the value and it allowed to proceed.

Thanks !!

Hopefully after this step, no issue from Cloudflare part

1 Like

Nextcloud_Host

@aydenious This is what it looks like for me (Nextcloud Chart Version:
2.0.7). I am using the official TrueNAS version of Nextcloud, not the Truecharts version.

2 Likes

THANK YOU for this! I literally just registered an account to ask this very question, so I’m glad I was able to find the answer here–worked like a charm!