Unit for UPS runtime should be user selectable

Those who have seen me post before know that I only recently started deploying a TrueNAS system. Thanks @stk !

I now have a USB cable connected between my UPS and the TrueNAS. I find the unit of “Days” on the UPS Runtime in Reporting → UPS not that useful. How long is “0.03 days” in minutes or seconds? It would be great, if a future revision of the software would allow me to configure the units on the y-axis of that graph and switch between Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds.

I wish, I had a UPS large enough, where Days would make sense. But then my power outages are rare and, when they do occur, usually do not last longer than a couple of hours.

2 Likes

I just took a look at the chart as well, that is crazy. Minutes would be a good value to use.

2 Likes

Do the developers follow the forums? Or, is there a better way to suggest an improvement?

Do not depend on the developers following the forums.

You can submit bug reports and suggestions under Report a Bug. This is the best way to report something. I already reported this issue, but if you see any other problems or recommendations, please submit a ticket.

1 Like

for best attention, use the smiley face in the upper right of the GUI and pick the Suggest an improvement

1 Like

Just used it yesterday to suggest that there be a drive burn-in task that would show up on the Jobs pull-down. It would be much more convenient than running a shell script with tmux that does that.

I am using such a script to burn in the 12-TB drives from your NAS write-up.

2 Likes