Memes! TrueNAS, ZFS, and related | (Share your own!)

You better don’t touch my spaghetti, I don’t have much time to owl around anymore!

2 Likes

IMG_6715

4 Likes

does this count as a meme? i went AI and the theme fits my current project i am working on :rofl: not very witty but is concise and to the point

3 Likes

its-out-there-somewhere

6 Likes

5 Likes

8nghyx

8ngi8k

7 Likes

@ericloewe This feels like you have a story to tell… I’ll be cheaper here than on the couch of your psy.

1 Like

Since you’re asking, I’ll keep it short and sweet:

Supermicro, get your damn act together, you can’t ship a server assembled by you, sold by you and integrated by you, which will randomly lose half of its memory channels sometimes, strongly correlating with things that touch the memory controller init code (like system firmware updates).

Forcing a redo of the memory training seems to fix it, but actually being able to force it is harder than one might think. System firmware settings reset? Nope. Have to swap around the DIMMs. Rails and cable management arm to the rescue? No, the server doesn’t come all the way out (presumably so that morons won’t try placing it at position 39-42 of their rack and Darwin award themselves by pulling it out and getting crushed), so every time this happened I had to carefully pull it beyond its normal stop and support it with an improvised solution. To add insult to injury, the top lid is not tool-less on 36-bay units, though it is on 12-bay units.

Fortunately, with the latest firmware, things seem to be normal. Either that or I finally hit a slot-to-DIMM mapping that is less marginal and allows things to work normally. Either way, I needed the extra bays to expand with a second 12x10 TB RAIDZ2 vdev, so into production it went. Worst-case, I can live with 64 GB of DRAM, it’s not like the server is performance-critical.

6 Likes

In case anyone wants to help with jailmaker to setup docker :sob:

4 Likes

enable snapshots, NOW! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Sasuga, Ainz-sama!

1 Like

coming soon to a theater near you

:heart_eyes:

I really want to give SCALE an opportunity, but…
right

5 Likes

Feature request to prevent data loss.

delete-dataset

@kris: Should I make a feature request ticket on Jira?

4 Likes

Roll. Roll. Roll.

1 Like

That character is wearing too much armor and has weapons equipped. Still too easy, so when you put the ticket in we have to make sure its difficult enough to make the user think twice, or maybe 200 times :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

jail-networking-masterpiece

8 Likes