qBittorrent Plugin does not start

I had shared enough of the torrents, so can just delete them all and start over…
But how to do that, since I can’t delete them from the webui etc. and via windows getting an error.

Also struggling to get to the new location of the files, have downloaded one and can’t seem to find it via windows/ mapped to network

I’ve ssh’d in, and there is no qBittorrent folder… which is a bit wild, since I can see it on windows.

Edit:

Ok, basically got everything up and running and can delete the old jail/plugin etc.
I don’t need to save or restore anything.
But I need to make sure the files are deleted there. Getting those errors, best way to do? Deleting the jail does all that?

Also I seem to have to keep starting qbitorrent, despite the jail being on auto-start?

Edit the rc script and place this somewhere at the top before any real code but after the #! line:

exec >/tmp/rc.log 2>&1
set -x

This will send any logs about the rc script to /tmp/rc.log which you can then check out and see why it isn’t starting.

rc script?

It is found at /usr/local/etc/rc.d/qbittorrent

Done.

Now, when it fails to start we can have a look at it to see why.

1 Like

If I were to upgrade to SCALE now?
Risks? Straight forward?
I’ve got Plex plugin / plex jail, manual jail / manual QBittorrent…
And a VM.

SCALE don’t supports jails, so everything will stop work.
And IMHO now is not a good moment for do that (since docker support on SCALE will be released, i stick on CORE).
I’m starting migrate jails on VM, using docker, so the migration to SCALE will be faster :smiley:

2 Likes

’Im starting migrate jails on VM, using docr, so the migration to SCALE will be faster :smiley:

Could you elaborate here? What should I be doing to prepare for the same? Or I can probably just can the VM entirely and start fresh if needed, but thanks. Good to know.

From what i have learned there: despite jails, VM will keep working after the upgrade from CORE to SCALE; so if you move your jails app/service into a VM BEFORE upgrading, service will continue work. And you will have all the time to eventuali move the container directly into SCALE with little effort

1 Like

Then at this point I will wait for HexOS (add .com for homepage) to be up and running. I can sit on manual jails some more. I have nothing except qBittorent, PLEX and transmission running anyway…

Sidenote question - I have now on one of the Pools the “iocage” dataset. What happens to that space after migration to SCALE?

Yes, im keeping this time for practicing, got a bit of apps now :sweat_smile:. Every app Is a bit different but for sure Plex and qbitorrent are easy to manage

Honestly don’t know, but i think we will need to delete It manually

If not a secret what are they. I had HA, PlexPy, Heimdall, SpeedTest and the previously mentioned PLEX, qBit and Transmission running. But that was at max. Since jails became unstable lately I had to just delete the non essentials.

Absolutely not :rofl:
Jdownloader, Caddy, Heimdall, Nextcloud, Plex, Tautulli, Wireguard, Photoprism, Navidrome, Paperless-NGX, Vaultwarden
Actually in the VM i have
Portainer, Uptime Kuma, Gotenberg, Tika server (all fresh install) and migrated succesfully heimdall.
Most jail are not “data depending”, and i have set everytime i could mount points outside… so i can just fresh install with swapping mount points to NFS. Some jail will require for sure more step.
You have heimdall too, Is pretty easy because of the import export function in settings

1 Like

I never got photoprism to run =( It was stuck on some weird library that was not ported yet to FreeBSD on wich Core runs. Ah well, will wait for SCALE to be fully functional an will try again, but with Immich this time. Looks like a good Google Photos alternative.

Have you tried

Scripted Photoprism Installation (TrueNAS CORE)

1 Like

What is the proper way to update plex without the plugin?
Best way to manually update the jail when new release?