Ok Luke gave another response after i spoke of the same frustration over there (always treat everyone equally they always told me growing up). He said that right now, the least disruptive option is to stick with that naming scheme mentioned before. How long they will stick with that plan? I don’t know. And to have no confusion on the naming scheme he’s talking about, here’s a screenshot where he references it.
So ending in .0 should be stable versions (once again no idea how long this will last but that’s what they are going with atm)
I’m not sure who “said” we need versions to end with 0, I was only mentioned that we were aware of a specific scheme.
But anyway, if emby follows a specific scheme, I can adapt it to that.
Note that regarding the suffix I mentioned in earlier comments, I dont mean that they have to publish them instead of fixed tags. But additionally.
ie instead of just 1.2.3.4, to have 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.4-stable.
I have a feeling we wont be seeing any updates for EMBY this year. its already been what 8 months now. Its sad ot see Embey really kill there app on this platform
If you want to control the updates, run it as a Custom App. You will have full control over what you run then. Apps don’t normally run Beta versions and it was just an issue with the Emby app and getting it back to Stable
I’ve tried and when i do custom build with EMBY i get these errors:
[ffmpeg] [libaribb24] [error] Failed to initialize libaribb24.
[ffmpeg] [error] Generic error in an external library.
[transcoder] [fatal] Process exited with code 132 (Illegal Instruction).
[emby] [error] App: Error reading file: /path/to/media/movie.mkv. Segment could not be generated.
Dont have issue when install emby through normal process and this is the only custom app running into this issue.