Cannot submit bug report on 26 BETA 3 (SSLCertVerificationError)

Everything has been smooth on the TrueNAS 26 Beta for me so far, but I finally hit a bug today, and when I went to submit a bug report, I couldn’t:

Cannot connect to host support-proxy.truenas.com:443 ssl:True [SSLCertVerificationError: (1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1029)’)]

Error Type: ClientConnectorCertificateError
Trace: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 1283, in _wrap_create_connection
    return await self._loop.create_connection(*args, **kwargs, sock=sock)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.13/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1193, in create_connection
    transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ...<2 lines>...
        ssl_shutdown_timeout=ssl_shutdown_timeout)
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.13/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1226, in _create_connection_transport
    await waiter
  File "/usr/lib/python3.13/asyncio/sslproto.py", line 581, in _on_handshake_complete
    raise handshake_exc
  File "/usr/lib/python3.13/asyncio/sslproto.py", line 563, in _do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.13/ssl.py", line 951, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1029)

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 579, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 623, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*args)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/api/base/decorator.py", line 219, in wrapped
    result = await func(*args)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/support.py", line 194, in new_ticket
    result = await post(
             ^^^^^^^^^^^
    ...<2 lines>...
    )
    ^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/support.py", line 35, in post
    req = await session.post(url, headers={"Content-Type": "application/json"}, data=data)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 770, in _request
    resp = await handler(req)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 725, in _connect_and_send_request
    conn = await self._connector.connect(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        req, traces=traces, timeout=real_timeout
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    )
    ^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 642, in connect
    proto = await self._create_connection(req, traces, timeout)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 1209, in _create_connection
    _, proto = await self._create_direct_connection(req, traces, timeout)
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 1581, in _create_direct_connection
    raise last_exc
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 1550, in _create_direct_connection
    transp, proto = await self._wrap_create_connection(
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ...<7 lines>...
    )
    ^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 1285, in _wrap_create_connection
    raise ClientConnectorCertificateError(req.connection_key, exc) from exc
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorCertificateError: Cannot connect to host support-proxy.truenas.com:443 ssl:True [SSLCertVerificationError: (1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1029)')]

Did you try submitting through the TrueNAS GUI or did you use the link at the top, right of the forum for Report a Bug?

Oh, right, forgot to mention how I got here. This was through the TrueNAS GUI using the “Send Feedback” smiley face button.

Try using the forum link and make sure to attach debug dump after. I don’t recall if the link in the GUI works for the Betas or not. If you still have issues, post back but it may take a bit to get a follow up until Monday or Tuesday from TrueNAS Company

Oof :man_facepalming: I’m assuming they’re not intentionally trying to add friction to the bug reporting process during the beta, so hopefully this actually is a mistake – it’s just a cert issue, so hopefully it’s easy to resolve.

Will submit the bug report manually for now.

Double down, report a bug for both. Why should there be any friction for beta bug reporting?

‘Double down’? Really? Nobody suggested it wasn’t an issue. I said try a different method or report back and be patient to get a reply early in the business week.

I’d assume so, but it seems iX have had trouble keeping their certs renewed of late–there have been a number of threads here reporting that one of iX’ hosts or another is serving an expired cert.

Didn’t mean anything bad by it or that you suggested anything wrong; just adding my thoughts too.

Edit: also a bit of a joke because I did mean that this should be two separate reports, hence “double down”.