Configure TrueNas to be accessed on 2 routers

Hello i m new to this awesome software and i m having little bit trouble with some configuration.
I have setup TrueNas Scale on my network.

I have Router A and Router B, now Router A is feeding Router B with internet using WAN connection. And i have TrueNas connected on Router B using Lan cable and port. But my issue is Users on Router A is or are not able to access TrueNas on from Router B. I checked interface only shows on network configured that is Router B since its connected physcally to it.

I tried Connecting TrueNas to Router A rather than Router B and this time Router A sees TrueNas but Router B can not see TrueNas. I will be waiting for support if anyone here can help me achieve what i want.

I Want uses on Router A to be able to Access TrueNas from Router B ,as i m going to reconnect Truenas to Router B

Don’t use the WAN port. Plug the second router into a regular port of the first router.

1 Like

Are these routers in the strict (old-fashioned) sense (i.e. they simply route between subnets) or are they Internet router/switch/firewall or plain old switches?

It would help if you could add the IP addressing scheme to your diagram.

1 Like

Looking at the drawing they would be router/switch/firewall and the setup would be to have everything on come to one network subnet - RouterA. It’s why the instructions on some devices say do not use the ‘yellow’ WAN port if connecting a switch, another router device/ap, computer to the router/switch/firewall device as it won’t work or work properly.

Using the drawing origionally supplied simply, connect the routerA to the internet connection. Make sure that works. Then using en ethernet port on RouterB connect RouterB to an ehternet port on router A. I would set a static address on RouterB so you always know it’s ip address to login to the web control for the routerB.

This doesn’t use any more advanced features or configurations like setting up multiple ports with different subnets on the routerA and setting traffic rules to route between subnets if desired and does not separate networks. Router A and Router B can have different subnets if desired or routerB can be set to as an access point only. Either way devices on A should talk to B as RouterB gets it’s address and route to internet from RouterA (is on router A subnet).

I have something similar setup from some computers and TV’s in an outbuilding on a router/switch/firewall which has a different subnet for out there and was able to get things to talk to the houseand internet without problem.

1 Like

I have a Hauwei Gpon Echolife HG8145V5 as the router B which do not have internet but rather getting internet from Router A and Router A is a T-Mobile Router.
Hauwei Gpon is a fiber optic device but since fiber optic does not reach our company office we have Router A that is the T-Mobile Router to serve internet with Sim.

Router A IP address is 192.168.4.4
Router B has IP address of 192.168.200.1

How ever after reading your amazing comments and responses incase my connection can not work due to Wan connection. If i serve a switch from router A then connect the Switch to Router B will i get truenas .

If there is a way to properly do this with my Wan connection i will wait for you guys if not i will need options from you guy once again. Router B can not have fiber optic now so the only way to connect to it was to configure it on WAN, i turned one lan port (Port 4) of Router B as a receiver .

eg8145v5
Gpon i m using in here

I have a Hauwei Gpon Echolife HG8145V5 as the router B which do not have internet but rather getting internet from Router A and Router A is a T-Mobile Router.
Hauwei Gpon is a fiber optic device but since fiber optic does not reach our company office we have Router A that is the T-Mobile Router to serve internet with Sim.

Router A IP address is 192.168.4.4
Router B has IP address of 192.168.200.1

How ever after reading your amazing comments and responses incase my connection can not work due to Wan connection. If i serve a switch from router A then connect the Switch to Router B will i get truenas .

Diagram to serve my solution if could work

I think this wont work either if i use switch because its just same as plugin of Truenas on Router A and Router B not seeing TrueNas.

But let me share this, since Router A is the main router ,and Router B the client connected on Wan connection, i can access Router A ip address through Router B. so i was just thinking making router B truenas server physical could work but No No , i m getting to realize thats the same way router A cant access router B clients.

Note : Is there any connection i can do for Router A to access users on Router B just like also accessing TrueNas from Router B. If i get solution to this i think my issue will be fixed.

If there is a way to properly do this with my Wan connection i will wait for you guys if not i will need options from you guy once again. Router B can not have fiber optic now so the only way to connect to it was to configure it on WAN, i turned one lan port (Port 4) of Router B as a receiver .